Stirling Council’s temporary changes to its household waste and recycling arrangements will continue for a further three weeks.
Summary of forthcoming collection weeks:
- W/C 27 April – GREY Bins only
- W/C 4 May – GREEN Bins only
- W/C 11 May – GREY Bins only
These necessary measures have been in place since 30 March, in accordance with Government restrictions and resource challenges within the local authority’s Waste Service during the COVID-19 pandemic. With an extension of national restrictions and continued pressure on staffing levels, the Council will maintain its focus on priority collections. The situation will be kept under review, with the aim of returning to a full service as soon as possible. An update will be provided to the public during the week commencing 11 May.
Household Waste Collection Services
- Grey Bins will continue to be collected as normal every two weeks on your scheduled collection day.
- Green Bins will continue to be collected as normal every four weeks on your scheduled collection day.
- Blue Bins (plastics & cans) will continue to be collected once every four weeks (not included in the next three-week cycle)
- City centre residents who use purple sacks should continue to present on their normal collection day. Recycle points in the city centre are also being serviced as normal.
- Glass Box collections remain We continue to ask people to retain their glass at home for future recycling or, where this is not possible, to place it within your grey bin.
- Brown Bin (food and garden) collections remain suspended. Food and garden waste can be placed in your grey bin.
A reminder that ONE bin is being collected each week until further notice. Please follow the new temporary timetable which is listed above.